In today’s “quick fix” society, there is no magic button you can push to instantly achieve perfect health. But the one thing that does come close to being magical due to its immediate and long-lasting effects, which is available to everyone regardless of age, is physical activity and exercise. Follow the 7 benefits of regular physical exercise listed here, and you will find yourself living longer, happier and healthier.
• Regular physical activity lowers your risk of contracting heart disease, type II diabetes and both colon and breast cancers.
• Those who have a weekly exercise regimen in place are also more successful in other areas of their lives than those who live a sedentary lifestyle. Multiple studies have shown that exercise makes you more alert and responsive, two traits which can aid you in every aspect of your life.
• Regular exercise also benefits children because it seems to be an enjoyable and addictive behavior. Research has shown that physically active youngsters usually become physically active adults that live longer than their non-exercising peers.
• Exercising on a regular basis immediately raises your metabolism. This helps you lose unnecessary weight on your body in the form of fat, and also allows you eat more without gaining weight. That is provided you are consuming whole, organic foods without processing, sugars, and additives. Furthermore, regular physical exertion has no dangerous side effects other than possible injury, and contributes to total body health. Start out slow, increasing your strength, flexibility, and endurance to prevent injury.
• The stronger you are, the more you can do. And while not everyone is trying to enter bodybuilding competitions, physical activity does improve your muscular fitness. Muscles burn more energy than fat, and this helps you maintain a consistent and healthy body weight.
• Did you know that regular physical exercise actually helps improve your mood? Study after study conducted by industry recognized firms and organizations shows that fitness minded individuals who regularly work out activities such as walking, yoga, pilates and strength training have reduced stress, anxiety and depression levels.
• Physical activity has even been shown to improve brain function in older adults. One study showed that senior citizens on a treadmill program found they were able to solve nagging problems and recall events they had previously failed to remember. This is due to increased oxygen levels in the brain which are delivered when you exercise.
The benefits of regular physical exercise are many, and include improved digestion and sleep quality, as well as those mentioned above. Get moving today and implement a regular schedule of exercise in your life, and immediately reap the health benefits of this wonderful and free health enhancer.
Before beginning an exercise program it is advised that you be evaluated by her health care provider. It is also important to where a good athletic shoe with good arch and sole support.