Are you looking for natural ways to relieve anxiety? If so, you are not alone. It seems we are all so busy, that any change in our schedule creates even more anxiety.
Everyone is plugged into stressful jobs, computers, phones, traffic and more. It is no wonder that so many in our society today are suffering from anxiety. So how do you begin to calm the mind so you can start feeling more balanced and less anxious?
So this week, I want to share some natural ways to relieve your anxiety symptoms. Many people struggle with anxiety and will turn to prescription medications. But what if there was another way to get your anxiety under control?
Now there is certainly a time and a place for prescription anxiety medication, but it should not be the first thing a person should turn to when feeling anxious. Many people don’t want this anyway. Part of my mission is to provide you with natural alternatives to prescription medications after all.
However, you must remember that no matter what method you try, it is imperative to find or consult with your health professional when needed and to take any advice, or treatments recommended seriously, but, that does not mean that you cannot also add alternative treatments that are more natural for a holistic approach to your anxiety care.
Alternative/Natural And Non-Medical Treatment Options
There are many non-medical treatments for anxiety that you can use each day in order to get your anxiety under control. Try them out and see what works for you.
- Regular exercise will allow your body to release “feel good” hormones. This is a great non-medical treatment whether you suffer from anxiety or not. It is also a great way to relieve stress. This will also help your body to become healthier and a healthy body can deal with anxiety much better than an unhealthy body.
- Sound therapy is another form of non-medical treatment that can be used for anxiety. This is a new discovery that science is using to treat many things including depression and anxiety. The way sound therapy works is that the person listens to high frequency sounds, these sounds stimulate the brain and recharge it. Sound therapy has been proven to create a permanent state of peace and relaxation in patents. One option here is listening to different sound waves in meditative music, like Theta Waves.
- Eat a healthy diet free of stimulates, such as caffeine, alcohol, sugar and processed foods. To help jump start this process, do a detox. Not just any detox, but one that works on your diet and your mindset. Such as in my Detox Your Body & Mind Program. To learn more: Click Here
There are also many herbal supplements that provide natural ways to relieve anxiety symptoms. These can be used as an alternative treatment to prescription medications in some cases, but should never be mixed with prescriptions without first talking to your health care provider. Below are just some of the natural remedies available.
- Zen is a product that contains both l-theanine and GABA. Both of these ingredients have been shown to promote relaxation and ease anxiety symptoms. L-theanine occurs naturally in green tea and GABA is a neurotransmitter that is critical for normal brain function. To learn more about Zen, click here.
- 5-HTP is an amino acid, that when combined with vitamin B6 helps to make serotonin. Serotonin helps support a healthy mood. If you are currently on a Selective Seratonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI), be sure to consult your health professional before taking.
- Magnesium helps to relax the nervous system. Many of us tend to be deficient in magnesium. Take before bed as it can help not only your anxiety, but can also help you sleep better.
- Ashwagandha helps not only relieve anxiety, but can help improve your energy.
Learning How to Handle Stress
Learning how to handle stress is another way you can naturally treat your anxiety. One of the ways you can do this is by keeping a daily journal. Here you will be able to write down all of your feelings, talk about the things that are causing you anxiety, determine if there is anything you can do to change the situation and create an action plan for changing the situation. If you need assistance with this, I would recommend finding a therapist trained in Cognitive Behavior Therapy.
Listening to positive affirmations is another way some people handle anxiety. Positive affirmations teach your brain to think in a new way and after you have listened to them for a while you will find that when you are becoming overwhelmed by anxiety they will automatically play themselves over and over in your mind. To help get you started, read Wayne Dyer’s book, Your Sacred Self or listen to music or CDs on positive thinking and affirmations.
Putting It All Together
Now that you have this information, try out some of the natural ways to relieve your anxiety I have shared with you. What do you have to lose, except the anxiety? If you want to relieve your anxiety naturally, it is not enough just to exercise or just to take a supplement. You have to put all of the techniques together in a way that works for you. Taking a supplement while creating an exercise routine, eating right, and learning to manage your stress are some of the best ways for you to naturally relieve your anxiety.